Thursday, June 16, 2011

Mid-year resolutions

I've had this blog set up for awhile, but haven't done a thing with it in nearly a year. Insert a big "sigh" here. I think of things all the time that I would like to have typed out, marked down, blogged and recorded. But when night comes I realize I just want to fall into a heap on the couch with my husband, nurse my youngest son one more time and bask in sleep deprivation blah-ness that we have been in for nearly 8 weeks now. So coming and blogging on here is a want, but not enough of a want to get up and do it consistently. Hopefully soon...

Blogging is high in my mid-year resolutions I am proclaiming right now, in June. I have my own mental lists of  more mid-year resolutions. Of course, losing the baby weight from baby #4 that was born 8 weeks ago is high on it. Taking more pictures of the kids and the family. Go to the farmers market when I need fresh produce, instead of going to the local grocery store. Since Starbucks is in Safeway, this alone should save me some money. I always put extra stuff on the Walmart conveyor belt when only going in for produce, so yes, many reasons to go to the farmers market more. Get rid of cable TV. Once a month dates need to be happening consistently with my honey. Locking down a routine with home school with the younger kids since I haven't been in much of a routine at all since the littlest one was born.

I will work on those mid-year resolutions this year, I promise. But for now, all 4 kids are in quiet time/nap time, so I am going to go enjoy a cup of tea and a book while I can. So for right now, I blogged about wanting to log more. Hey, it's a start, right?

No comments: